This resource provides a 50-state survey of public accommodations laws, as well as the public accommodations ordinance of the most-populated city in each state. By the end of this resource, church leaders will be able to identify when and where these statutes affect their congregations, thus helping them:
- Better understand their rights and responsibilities;
- Understand ways to effectively minimize potential legal liabilities;
- Balance ministry goals and outreach opportunities with those potential legal liabilities.
Answers to the following questions, and more, will be uncovered in this resource as well:
- How do public accommodations laws affect churches?
- Which states have public accommodation laws--and which ones don't?
- Why are local public accommodations ordinances important?
- Are there exemptions to these laws and ordinances for religious organizations?
- How do penalties vary?
- Do religious freedom laws offer protections to churches facing public accommodations conflicts?